Skip to main content

110324 Gratitude...

Gratitude is a lifestyle,

A hard-fought,

Grace infused,

Biblical lifestyle.

- Nancy Leigh DeMoss

 

Is the gratitude

That flows out of your life

As abounding as the grace

That has flowed into your life.

- Nancy Leigh DeMoss

 

When we give out

Of Gratitude to God,

We cause gratitude

To well up in others’ hearts.

- Nancy Leigh DeMoss

 

No Thanks…

 

Of the 30 people who survived

The sinking of the Lady Elgin

Steamer in 1860 near Evanston,

Ill.

 

17 of them owed their life

to a brave young seminary

Student named Edward Spencer,

His dream of becoming a preacher

And a scholar was forever lost.

 

Quite never being able to recover

Physically from that fateful day

He was forced to abandon his

Schooling, his livelihood,

And his dream.

 

The rescue left him paralyzed,

Confined to a wheelchair.

 

While his uncommon valor was

Recalled from time to time in

Various newspaper accounts and

General tributes,

 

When asked by a reporter what

He most recalled about the events

Of that day…

 

He replied,

 

“Only this: of the seventeen people

I saved, not one of them ever

Thanked me.”

 

Was that too much to expect?

 

 

 

This story reminds believers

of the 9 Jewish lepers who

failed to thank Jesus for healing

them of their deadly disease

in Luke 19.

 

The question is this…

 

Are we thankful people?

 

Do we thank others

When showed a kindness?

 

Or are we too much like

The 17 people who Spencer

Edward saved from certain

Drowning or the 9 lepers

Who didn’t thank Jesus

For healing them?

 

Think About it?

 

 

Thankless children we all are,

More or less, comprehending

But dimly the truth of God’s

Fathomable love for us.

- Elisabeth Elliott

 

The thing that awakens

The deepest well of gratitude

In a human being is that

God has forgiven sin.

- Oswald Chambers

 

Seek to cultivate a buoyant,

Joyous sense of the crowded

Kindnesses of God in your

Daily life.

- Alexander Maclaren

 

(Excerpted from

Choosing Gratitude

Your journey to joy

Nancy Leigh DeMoss)

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

112325 What I Am An Agent...

Hello, I’m Hayden Childs I am based in North Alabama.  I reside in Lauderdale County,  Florence, ALabama. I am an Independent Life Insurance Agent… That means I work for  YOU  to find  YOU  the best deal in coverage available. I am thankful to be in an industry that is a  Blessing to people.   You may be asking yourself … Hayden, why are you an insurance agent? That one is easy …  I am doing this because I want to be a blessing to people.  I care deeply about helping people meet their final expense and other insurance needs. I am a Christian businessman, and I conduct my business in an ethical and professional manner. I Believe in Life Insurance … If you have personal coverage, you know what I am talking about. In YOUR time of need YOU don't have to wonder,  "Where is the money coming from?"  For YOUR final expenses.   YOU know because YOU made a responsible choice ...

052022 quotes about life insurance...

Fun is like life insurance. the older you get, the more it costs. - Kim Hubbard   I don’t call it "Life Insurance," I call it "Love Insurance." We buy it because we want to leave a legacy for those we love. - Farshad Asl   If a child, a spouse, or a parent depends on you and your income, you need life insurance. - Suze Orman   Every month that you send a check to the life insurance company, you're making a bet with them. Don't worry, one day you'll win. - Nitya Prakash       www.haydenchildsatgotinsurance.blogspot.com  

032123 Tips to Avoid Delays in Your Life Insurance Claim...

1. Make Sure Your Beneficiaries are Current.   I received a call from a client recently concerning her mother-in-law Who had passed. The primary beneficiary pre deceased the insured. No contingent beneficiary was named therefore this held up claim Payment.   Policy-owners can name anyone as a beneficiary, from their spouse, Or ex-spouse, to children, siblings, parents, business partners, A charitable organization or a trust.   Policy-owners may also designate a contingent beneficiary. This person or entity is a secondary recipient of the life insurance Policy payout.   The contingent beneficiary will receive the death benefit if the primary Beneficiary dies or cannot be found before the policy pays out.   Beneficiary designations need to be very clear and follow the Requirements of the life insurance policy.   2. Do Not Name a Minor.   When an insured lists a minor as a beneficiary, a life insurance claim...